Allows aliases for other commands. NOTE THAT IT’S RECOMMENDED TO USE Aka PLUGIN INSTEAD!
This plugin allows users to define aliases to commands and combinations of commands (via nesting). This plugin is only kept for backward compatibility, you should use the built-in Aka plugin instead (you can migrate your existing aliases using the ‘importaliasdatabase’ command.
To add an alias, trout, which expects a word as an argument:
<jamessan> @alias add trout "action slaps $1 with a large trout" <bot> jamessan: The operation succeeded. <jamessan> @trout me * bot slaps me with a large trout
To add an alias, lastfm, which expects a last.fm user and replies with their recently played items:
@alias add lastfm "rss [format concat http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/user/ [format concat [urlquote $1] /recenttracks.rss]]"
Note that if the nested commands being aliased hadn’t been quoted, then those commands would have been run immediately, and @lastfm would always reply with the same information, the result of those commands.
- add <name> <command>
- Defines an alias <name> that executes <command>. The <command> should be in the standard “command argument [nestedcommand argument]” arguments to the alias; they’ll be filled with the first, second, etc. arguments. $1, $2, etc. can be used for required arguments. @1, @2, etc. can be used for optional arguments. $* simply means “all remaining arguments,” and cannot be combined with optional arguments.
- list [–locked|–unlocked]
- Lists alias names of a particular type, defaults to all aliases if no –locked or –unlocked option is given.
- lock <alias>
- Locks an alias so that no one else can change it.
- remove <name>
- Removes the given alias, if unlocked.
- unlock <alias>
- Unlocks an alias so that people can define new aliases over it.
This config variable defaults to “True”, is not network-specific, and is not channel-specific.
Determines whether this plugin is publicly visible.
This config variable defaults to “^[^\x00-\x20]+$”, is not network-specific, and is not channel-specific.
Regex which alias names must match in order to be valid