Commands that use the dictd protocol to define words.
In order to use this plugin you must have the following modules installed:
- dictclient: http://quux.org:70/devel/dictclient
This plugin provides a function to look up words from different dictionaries.
- dict [<dictionary>] <word>
- Looks up the definition of <word> on the dictd server specified by the supybot.plugins.Dict.server config variable.
- dictionaries takes no arguments
- Returns the dictionaries valid for the dict command.
- random takes no arguments
- Returns a random valid dictionary.
- synonym <word> [<word> …]
- Gets a random synonym from the Moby Thesaurus (moby-thesaurus) database. If given many words, gets a random synonym for each of them. Quote phrases to have them treated as one lookup word.
This config variable defaults to “*”, is network-specific, and is channel-specific.
Determines the default dictionary the bot will ask for definitions in. If this value is ‘*’ (without the quotes) the bot will use all dictionaries to define words.
This config variable defaults to “True”, is not network-specific, and is not channel-specific.
Determines whether this plugin is publicly visible.
This config variable defaults to “dict.org”, is not network-specific, and is not channel-specific.
Determines what server the bot will retrieve definitions from.
This config variable defaults to “True”, is network-specific, and is channel-specific.
Determines whether the bot will show which dictionaries responded to a query, if the selected dictionary is ‘*’.